Low Calorie Bottle Gourd & Tomato Soup
Bottle Gourd Soup is full with nutrition. It is low in calories and wonderful recipe to start your day. It helps you to maintaining your digestive system healthy. Enjoy this recipe!
Main ingredient: Bottle gourd and tomato Cuisine: Indian Preparation time: 10 minutes Cooking time: 20 minutes Total time: 30 minutes Serve: 4 people
- 1/2 bottle gourd (lauki)
- Tomatoes 3
- Grated ginger 1 tbsp (Adarak)
- Olive oil
- Cumin seeds 1 tbsp (Jeera)
- Asafoetida 3/4 tbsp (Hing)
- Sugar 1 tbsp
- Black salt 1 tbsp
- Water 4 cup
- Fresh coriander leaves 10-15 (Dhaniya)
- Salt 1 tbsp (or according to your taste)
How to prepare Bottle Gourd Soup
- First of all, peel bottle gourd (lauki), wash it and cut it into pieces.
- After that wash and rinse fresh coriander leaves.
- Now, boil tomatoes, coriander leaves and bottle gourd pieces together in pressure cooker for 10 minutes.
- Rinse the boiled bottle gourd and tomatoes. Keep the water aside, we will use it later.
- Let the boiled tomato and bottle gourd cool down. It takes 15 minutes. Peel the tomatoes.
- Blend them (bottle gourd, tomatoes) using blender and make a smooth puree.
- Strain that puree into bowl. Press the mixture to get maximum out of that puree.
- Discard the residue. Keep that puree aside.
- Now, take a pan. Add olive oil ( is olive oil not available use any other vegetable oil) and heat it up.
- Add cumin seeds and cook it for 40 seconds.
- Now, add asafoetida and cook it for 15-20 seconds.
- Add grated ginger. Cook for 25-30 seconds.
- Add black salt, black pepper, normal salt (white salt) and sugar.
- Mix well and cook it for 2-3 minutes.
- Now, add puree and water (which we store earlier when boiled vegetables) and mix well.
- Cook it for 7-8 minutes.
- Transfer the prepared soup into soup bowl.
- Garnish it with fresh coriander leaves.
- Your Lauki and tomato soup is ready. Serve hot….
- You can also add chopped onion and garlic cloves (lasun).
It has all nutrients which our body required. This recipe is rich in protein, vitamins, antioxidants and also fiber. This soup helpful to improve digestion, skin, makes bone healthy and improve blood circulation.
- Calories: 110
- Total fat: 6 g
- Total carbohydrate: 10 g
- Dietary fibre: 5.1 g
- Protein: 2.1 g
If you like this lauki/dudhi and tomato soup recipe, please, don’t forget to share it with your family and friends.