Tamarind Rice is a south Indian dish which is made by using Puliyogare rice mix. It is very tasty and delicious. You can make it within 10 minutes.Here am using a ready made mix of puliyogare. Served it with Raita and enjoy this tasty dish.
- 1 and 1/2 cup rice (cleaned, washed and soaked for 1 hour)
- 3 cups water
- 1/3 cup oil
- 4 tbsp puliyogare rice, ready made mix
- 2 cups curd
- 1 cup grated cucumber (water squeezed out)
- 1 tbsp pani puri masala
- 1 tbsp red chilli powder
- 1 and 1/2 tbsp cumin seeds (roasted and ground to a powder)
- 1 tbsp finely chopped coriander leaves
Method to prepare Rice:
- Place rice and water in a large bowl and microwave, covered, on a high rack for 12 minutes or until cooked through.
- Keep aside.
- In a bowl, mix the oil and puliyogare powder.
- Microwave on high rack for 30 seconds.
- Mix in the cooked rice until the powder is absorbed and well distributed.
Method to prepare Raita:
- Whisk the curd in a bowl.
- Add a grated cucumber and pani puri masala.
- Stir well.
- Sprinkle with red chilli powder and roasted cumin.
- Sprinkle a finely chopped coriander leaves.
- Serve a hot Tamarind Rice with a raita.