Homemade Traditional Balushahi Recipe
Balushahi recipe is Indian sweet usually prepared on various festivals. This balushahi sweet dish is also popular in Nepal, Pakistan and Bangladesh. In South India there is another version of this called “Badushah”. Balushahi is simple and easy to prepare at home. Try this Balushahi recipe at home by following oursimple recipe steps.
- ½ kg all purpose flour (maida)
- 1/8 tbsp baking powder (mitha soda)
- 300 gm ghee
- Ghee or oil for frying
- Water (if required)
For Sugar Syrup (chashni)
- ½ kg sugar
To make Sugar Syrup
- To make sugar syrup takes a sauce pan, add water and sugar and set up to boil on medium flame.
- Continuously stir it using metal spoon.
- Boil it until one thread sugar syrup ready.
To make Balushahi
To make balushahi recipe follow these simple steps:
- Take a bowl add all purpose flour (maida), ghee and baking soda.
- Mix well and make soft dough. Add some water if required.
- Now, shape this mixture into small bowls. Flatten these balls a bit and make a depression in the center by pressing with thumb or finger.
- Now take a pan, add ghee and heat it up.
- Add these ball one by one and deep frying on low heat until cooked well or light brown.
- Now, soak cooked balushahi in sugar syrup for 5-10 minutes.
- Strain balushahi from syrup.
- Serve balusahi sweet dish with tea …
- You can also garnish it with grated pistachios (pista).