Hakka Noodles is famous Chinese recipe commonly known as veg chowmein. This recipe is mainly prepared by tossing noodles & fried vegetable in sauce. Try this recipe at home, hope you all will love it.
- 2 cup plain noodles (150 g pack)
- 6 finely chopped garlic buds
- 1/4 cup French beans (chopped)
- 1 tbsp finely chopped ginger
- 1/4 cup green onion finely chopped
- 1/2 cup capsicum finely chopped
- 1/2 cup cabbage, chopped
- 1/4 cup carrots, cut into long thin slices
- 1/4 tbsp black pepper powder
- 1 and 1/2 tbsp chilli sauce (red or green)
- 1/2 tbsp soya sauce
- 1 tbsp tomato kethup or tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp oil
- salt to taste
Step by Step Process to Make Noodles
Follow the below simple steps to make hakka noodles:
- First of all, boil the noodles in salty water(i.e mix salt in water at the time of boiling). Do not cook noodles too much, keep them a bit raw.
- Now, take a pan, add oil and heat it up.
- Add finely chopped garlic buds, ginger and fry them for 30 seconds.
- Now, put french beans and fry it for a 1-2 minutes.
- Put chopped green onions, finely chopped capsicum, chopped cabbage and long sliced carrot.
- Mix them well and roast vegetable on high flame until they are cooked well but remain crisp (will take 2-3 minutes).
- Now, put soya sauce, chilli sauce, tomato ketchup, salt to taste( do not add much salt because we have added salt even when boiling noodles), black pepper powder.
- Mix them well and cook it for 1-2 minute.
- Now, put boiled noodles and toss them to mix.
- Mix well with sauce and vegetables.
- Turn off the gas and put the noodles in the serving plate or bowl.
- Your hakka noodles are ready..
- Serve it with hot and sour soup or dry Manchurian.
- You can also add mushrooms or your choice of vegetables.