Instant Khaman Dhokla is a famous Gujarati dish which can prepare less than 20 minutes. It is very soft and spongy and very easy to prepare. You can serve it with green chillis sauce, tomato sauce, or coconut chutney. You can serve it as a snack or at breakfast. It is very healthy. Try this simple recipe for making this Instant Khaman Dhokla.
- 1/2 cup gram flour (besan)
- 2 tbsp semolina (suji)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/4 tbsp soda-bi-carb (mitha soda)
- 5/4 tbsp eno fruit salt
- 1 tbsp salt
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 tbsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- 1 tbsp green chilli paste
- 1 tbsp ginger paste
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp mustard seeds (rai)
- 2-3 green chilli – slits into long pieces
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 3/4 cup water
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp finely chopped coriander
- Sift besan. Mix besan, suji, water,oil, salt, sugar, haldi, chilli paste and ginger paste to a smooth batter of a thin pouring consistency. Beat well.
- Now, add a eno and soda. Sprinkle lemon juice.
- Beat well for a few seconds. Don’t over mix.
- Immediately pour the mixture in the streamer or a dish. Cover dish with cling film and prick at 1-2 places for the stream escape. Microwave for 6 minutes. Give standing time of 5-6 minutes.
- For tampering mix oil, chillies, rai, water, sugar and lemon juice. Microwave for 4 minutes.
- Pour over dhokla. Wait for 20 minutes to turn soft.
- Cut into pieces.
- Sprinkle coriander and serve.