Lemon rice food recipe is a very yummy breakfast meal. It is the most popular South Indian dish. It is very easy to prepare. I am prepared in a microwave. It’s a very simple recipe and you can prepare it very quickly. When this dish includes in your breakfast then it became very special. Boiled rice is mixed with some ingredients. You can serve it with a papadum( papad), chutney, or a salad. You can also serve it as a lunch or a dinner meal.
- 1 and 1/2 cup rice, cleaned, washed, and soaked for 1 hour
- 3 cups water
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1/4 cup lemon juice (nimbu ka ras)
- oil 2 tbsp
- 2 tbsp mustard seeds
- 2 tbsp dhuli urad dal, broken
- 1 tbsp chana dal
- 2 dry chillies, broken
- 6-8 curry leaves
- 1/4 tbsp turmeric powder
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander leaves
- a pinch of asafoetida
Method to prepare in a microwave
To make lemon rice in a microwave is very simple and easy and take very less time, here are some simple steps to make it in a microwave.
- To make this lemon rice food recipes, firstly place rice and water in a large bowl.
- Microwave covered on high for 12 minutes or until cooked through.
- Add lemon juice.
- Stir well.
- In another bowl, pour the oil.
- Add mustard seeds, both the dals, chillies, curry leaves, asafoetida and turmeric.
- Microwave for 2 minutes.
- Pour over the hot rice.
- Garnish with coriander.
- Serve hot.
Method to prepare in a cooker
- For lemon rice food recipe, place a 1 and 1/2 cup rice in a cooker and add a 3 cup water, cook it.
- Now drain it and put into a bowl.
- Take a pan, add a oil and roast the mustard seeds and add urad daal and chana daal. cook until the daal brown.
- Add a chillies and curry leaves.cook it for 15 seconds.
- Add a asafoetida and turmeric powder .
- Cook for 2-5 seconds.
- Pour this on a boiled rice and mix well.
- Add a lemon .
- Mix well.
- Garnish it with coriander
- Serve hot with papadum or salad.