Homemade easy rawa idli recipe
Rawa Idli is a famous south Indian dish.It is a one of simple recipe which we can used for quick meal, dinner, lunch etc.It is a very healthy and complete your appetizer.It is very soft and very easy to make.You can enjoy this by making it at home.The ready made MTR is also available in market by using which you can also make idli.You can also use it as a snacks and serve it with peanut sauce or coconut chutney.
- 1 cup rawa suji
- 1 cup curd
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 tbsp soda-bi-carb(mitha soda)
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp chopped curry leaves
- 3/4 tbsp salt
- 1/4 tbsp grated coconut(optional)
Method to prepare it in [microwave](http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microwave "Microwave"):
- In a flat dish, microwave 1 tbsp oil for 1 minutes.
- Add suji, mix well.
- Microwave it for 1 minutes and add curry leaves & salt.
- Mix these mixture properly.
- Allow to cool.
- Add coconut, curd, water, mitha soda.Keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Grease small glass bowl or micro proof idli maker.
- Pour 3-4 tbsp mixture in each bowl.
- Arrange in a ring in microwave .
- Microwave it for 4 minutes.
- If the idlies appear wet, wait for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes usually they get done.
- Idli is ready.
Method to prepare it by using cooker:
- Method is almost same, take a pan add some oil and also add rawa suji in it.
- Cook it for 2 minutes.
- Put it into a bowl and add salt and curry leaves in it.
- Allow to cool it.
- Now add water, curd and mitha soda in it, mix it properly.
- Take a cooker and add a water in it and place it on flame to boil.
- Take a idli stand and get smoother it with oil.
- Fill idli stand with this mixture.
- Place a stand in cooker and close it with lid but without whistle.
- Cook it for 6-8 minutes.
- Keep a flame to the point so that constant boiling of water.
- After 7 minutes open the cooker and refer to put the knife in idli.
- If the mixture not stickes with knife, means idli ready.
- Take out idli stand from cooker.
- Keep it cool.
- And then serve it.
Method to serve:
- Garnish idli with curry leaves and serve it with coconut chutney or peanut sauce.
- You can also add a finely chopped mixed vegetables likes beans,carrot,cabbage and peas in idli batter.
- You can also make idli by using ready made rawa idli MTR.