Masala Chai Recipe | How to Make Masala Tea
Homemade tasty masala Tea recipe or masala chai recipe is a flavored tea made by using many Indian spices and herbs. So sometimes this is also called spiced milk tea or herbal tea. It is a worldwide popular drink. This is a traditional drink which is prepared by using cloves, cinnamon stick, green cardamom, black peppercorn, and ginger. It gives a warm feeling in winters. Here I gave you some simple steps to make this drink at home.
- 4 cloves (long)
- 4 green cardamom (elaichi)
- 1 cinnamon stick (dalchinni)
- 1/2 tbsp of black peppercorn (kali mirch)
- 1 tbsp tea
- 1/2 tbsp sugar
- 1/2 tbsp dry ginger powder
- milk 1/2 cup
- 1/2 tbsp grated ginger (adark)
- water as required
To prepare tasty Masala tea at home follow the following steps.
To Prepare Chai Masala Powder
- Firstly, clean all the spices with cloth (do not wash the spices).
- Take a blendar jar, add all the clean spices cinnamon, cloves and green cardamom and black pepercorn.
- Blend them, make powder finely.
- Store it in airtight jar.
To Prepare Masala Tea
- Now take a saucepan or pan or any utensils in which you want to make it.
- Add some water into the pan and boil it.
- Now add tea leaves or tea and 1/2 tbsp chai masala (the masala which you make by grinding all the spices).
- Boil it for 2 minutes.
- Now add sugar and boil it for 3-4 minutes.
- After that, add dry ginger powder.
- Add milk and boil it again for 2-3 minutes
- Now, add grated fresh ginger and cover the tea.
- Boil it for 3-4 minutes.
- Your hot masala tea is ready.
- Serve it hot.
- You can also add fresh basil leaves (tulsi patte).