Why compromise the taste of the banana? This banana bread recipe is moist and delicious with a banana flavor! Your Friends and family definitely love this recipe and will say it is the best!
You’re able to mix everything in a bowl, so you’re able to vary the total amount of ripe bananas or sugar. And the key to its incredible flavor is Melted butter.
The attractiveness of the banana bread recipe would be that you do not want a fancy mixer! You just need only a large mixing bowl to mix all the ingredients, a fork (to whisk eggs), and a spoon to mix all ingredients or batter. You can vary the amount of sugar as per according to your taste. The recipe called for a cup of white sugar, but many people do just fine using 3/4 of a cup, and several are delighted with a 1/2 cup.
If you want to make a banana muffin, You can toss in a cup of raisins, chopped nuts, or chocolate chips if you wish to, or set the batter into muffin tins and produce banana nut muffins instead. You may go a step further and create chocolate banana bread.
Here I have shared two banana bread recipes: one is using egg, and another is without egg.
BANANA BREAD RECIPE WITH EGG
Prep time : 10 minutes
Cook time : 55 minutes
Yield : Makes one loaf
- Ripe bananas, peeled 2-3 (about mashed 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 cups )
- 1/3 cup melted butter (unsalted or salted)
- Baking Soda 1 teaspoon
- Pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup sugar (You can use according to Your taste, use 1/2 if you like less sweet or use 1 cup if you like more sweet )
- 1 large egg, beaten
- Vanilla extract 1 teaspoon
- 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
How to Make Banana Bread Recipe WIth Egg
This banana bread recipe doesn’t demand a mixer, so Clean-up is simple also. If you would like, you can combine everything in a single mixing bowl.
- First of all, preheat the oven to 350 degrees F or 175 degrees C. Grease a 4×8 inch loaf pan.
- Now, take a mixing bowl or large bowl, add ripe banana, and mashed it with the help of a fork until thoroughly smooth.
- Add melted butter (salted or unsalted) to mashed bananas. Mix well.
- Now, add baking soda and pinch of salt. Mix well. Stir in Stir in the sugar, vanilla extract, and beaten egg.
- Add all-purpose flour and mix well.
- Pour the batter to a prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour at 350°F or 175°C, or until a tester or toothpick inserted into the center comes out blank or clean.
- Remove from the oven and let cool in the pan for a couple of minutes. Then get rid of the banana bread out of the pan and allow cool completely before serving. Slice the banana bread and serve. (You can use a bread knife to slice the banana bread that is not crumbly).
Nut BANANA BREAD RECIPE WITHOUT EGG
Prep Time : 5 Minutes
Cook Time : 40 Minutes
Total Time : 45 Minutes
Servings : 12 slices
- Ripe banana 4 (medium sized, peeled, and well mashed)
- Whole wheat flour 1/2 cup or 180 gram
- 1/2 cup any vegetable oil or coconut oil
- Brown sugar 1/2 cup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or you can use 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla powder
- Cinnamon powder 1/2 teaspoon (You can skip this if you don’t have)
- Nutmeg powder 2 pinches (optional)
- Chopped nuts 1-2 tablespoon or Chocolate chips
- Baking powder 1.5 teaspoon
- Baking soda 1/2 teaspoon
- A pinch of salt (optional)
How to Make Eggless Banana Nut Bread Recipe
- The first step is to preheat the oven at 180 degrees C.
- Now, grease a 4×8 inch loaf pan or bread tin or cake pan with any vegetable oil or coconut oil.
- In mixing bowl, add mashed banana, sugar, nutmeg powder(optional), cinnamon powder(optional), vanilla extract or vanilla powder. Mix well.
- Now, sieve the Whole wheat flour, baking soda and baking powder, and salt directly into the mixing bowl (bowl containing mashed banana mixture).
- Mix well.
- Now, you can add some chopped nuts also.
- Mix the batter well.
- Now, pour the banana batter in a loaf pan or greased tin.
- Bake this for 30 to 40 minutes in a preheated oven at 180-degree C.
- Test the bread by inserting a toothpick in the bread. If it comes out clean, that means the bread is ready.
- Cut banana nut bread into slices and serve with tea or coffee.
Some Recipe Tips
- Always us over-ripe banana to make this recipe. Make sure the yellowish peels of the banana should be atleast half browned.
- The timing to bake bread is varied oven to oven.
- You can store the banana bread in a box and keep it in a fridge.
- You can make chocolate chip banana bread recipe by using chocolate chips instead of nuts.
Reasons to Eat Banana Bread
Based on where you obtain your banana bread, then it may be a well-being bomb or perhaps a health boost. Many packed and bakery bread are generally high in carbs, fats and sugar. However, choices for healthful loaves of bread have been rising because employers and bakers are much aware of the wish to have a milder, fitter banana loaf. Making your own in-home may be the perfect approach to get a grip on ingredients for a healthy, flavorful bread you’re able to enjoy daily.
Purchase or prepare whole banana-bread VS made from refined white flours. Refined flours have little nutritional value, being stripped from the germ and bran layers, that contributes to lack of crucial vitamins, fiber and minerals. By comparison, since whole flours maintain all layers of their grain, they’re a source of minerals and vitamins, including vitamins b 6 and calcium to energy manufacturing. Wholegrain banana-bread can also be a supply of fiber, which helps in digestion and increases satiety.
Bananas are giving a naturally sweet flavor into a banana bread recipe. The yellowish fruits are a source of carbs, and an essential nutrient called fuel for both physical and mental procedures. Registered dietitian and nurse Megan Ware notes “Medical News Today” that peanuts may assist in lessening the chance of cancer, lowering blood pressure and improving digestive health and fitness. That is a result of its vitamins, including vitamins C and A minerals, such as magnesium; and fiber.
Even though banana-bread has a tendency to be full of carbohydrates, it’s instead a resource of protein with the ideal ingredients. Protein is a vital nutrient required for your growth, recovery and repair of the muscle. Additionally, it will help to stabilize glucose levels, satisfying a hungry urge to keep you from eating the entire loaf of bread. Based on the USDA National Nutrient Database, a 60-gram piece of banana bread could have approximately 3 g of protein.
Banana-bread provides healthy monounsaturated fats using ingredients such as nuts, and coconut oil. The Healthful Chef’s Teresa Cutter claims that healthful fats help stabilize Glucose Levels in Addition to lower cholesterol levels.
Per Serving (Estimated)
228.9 calories; protein 3.8g 8% DV; carbohydrates 34.8g 11% DV; fat 8.8g 14% DV; cholesterol 51.3mg 17% DV; sodium 222.9mg 9% DV.