Dhokla is most famous vegetarian recipe of Gujarat. This steamed dhokla can be eaten for breakfast, as a snack or as a main course. Chickpea flour or gram flour or bessan is a main ingredient in this recipe. Learn how to make this yummy streamed dhokla recipe at home with our simple recipe steps.
- 1 cup gram flour (bessan or chickpea flour)
- citric acid 1 tbsp
- 1 tbsp sugar
- Salt to taste
- Pinch of turmeric powder(haldi)
- Water as required to make batter
- 1 tbsp fruit salt or baking powder, dissolved in water
- 1 tbsp oil
- ½ tbsp mustard seeds
- 1 dried red chilli
- 7-8 curry leaves
- Fresh coriander leaves (dhniya)
Follow below simple steps to make yummy steamed dhokla recipe:
- Firstly, take bowl, add gram flour(bessan), citric acid, salt, sugar and turmeric powder. Add water and make a smooth batter with medium thick consistency. Do not add much water otherwise batter will be thin.
- Take a glass, add fruit salt or dissolved baking powder. If you are using fruit salt then add water to it.
- Pour this into dhokla mixture.
- Now, grease the streaming tin with oil and pour the batter into it.
- Stream this for about 15-20 minutes or till cooked.
- Take a pan, add oil, mustard seeds, curry leaves and red chilli. Let it spluter.
- Now, Pour the tadka over the prepared dhokla.
- Cut it into pieces.
- Garnish it with fresh coriander leaves.
- Your steamed dhokla is ready to serve...
- Serve it with chatni.