Homemade Yummy Matar Kachori Recipe
Matar Kachori is perfect North Indian snack having inside very tasty, flavored green peas stuffing. Here are some easy steps to make this tasty snack at home.
For Matar Kachori Pastry
- 1 cup all purpose flour (maida)
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1/4 cup warm water
- 1/4 tbsp baking powder
For Kachori stuffing
- 1 cup crushed green peas(matar)
- 1-2 pinch asafoetida (hing)
- 1/2 tbsp cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- 1 tbsp fennel powder (saunf powder)
- red chilli powder 1/4 tbsp
- 1/4 tbsp all ground spices powder (garam masala)
- 1/4 dry mango powder (amchoor)
- 1-2 finely chopped green chillies
- 1 tbsp ginger paste
- salt to taste
- oil for frying
- Fresh coriander leaves
How to make matar kachori Recipe..
To make kachori pastry
- Take a deep bowl, add all purpose flour (maida), baking powder and oil.
- Mix well.
- Now, add water and make tight dough.
- Cover this dough with damp cloth and keep it aside
To make kachori filling
- Firstly, grind peas using grinder or mixer.
- Now, we have to make mixture, for that, take a pan add 2 tbsp oil and heat it up.
- Put asafetida and cumin seeds. Mix it.
- Add coriander powder, fennel powder, ginger paste and chopped green chillies. Mix it.
- Cook it for a minute.
- Now, add peas, red chilli powder, dry mango powder(amchoor powder), all ground spices powder(garam masala) and salt(according to your taste). Mix well.
- Cook it for 3-4 minutes.
- Mixture is ready to fill in kachori.
To make kachori
- Take little dough and make ball from it.
- Now, spread it little (3-4 inch round).
- Take spoonful of kachori filling or peas filling and add it in the center.
- After filling, cover it completely and press it little bit from center.
- Prepare all kachories like this.
- Now, take a pan, add oil for frying and heat it.
- Put kachories in heated oil and fry it at low flame till becomes light brown.
- Now, put these fried kachories on tissue paper and remove excess oil.
- Matar kachories are ready to serve..
- Garnish it with fresh coriander leave and serve hot with green chutney or tamarind chutney.
You can also add lemon juice if dry mango powder not available