Stuffed bell peppers are a well-liked dish across the world. There are a lot of different types of filler to fill bell peppers. They can also be stuffed with meat, vegetables, cheese, rice or noodles. Here I have shared the recipe of Vegetarian Stuffed Bell Peppers.
Prep Time : 5 minutes
Cook Time : 25 minutes
Total Time : 30 minutes
Servings : 4
- 3 - 4 medium capsicums (take 6 if tinker bell) (shimlamirch)
- 3 medium potatoes (aloo)
- 1 medium carrot (gajar)
- ¼ cup green peas (matar)
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 garlic cloves or 1 tsp ginger garlic paste (lahsun)
- 1 onion sliced (piyaz)
- ½ to ¾ teaspoon red chili powder (lal mirch)
- ½ to ¾ teaspoon garam masala
- 1 teaspoon kasuri methi (dried fenugreek leaves)
- 1/3 tbsp salt or to taste
- 2 tbsp fresh coriander leaves (dhaniya patte)
- ¼ teaspoon chaat masala powder or as needed (optional)
HOW TO MAKE THE RECIPE STUFFED BELL PEPPERS RECIPE
- Firstly, boil or stream the veggies. I like better to steam the potatoes first.
- When the potatoes are 3/4th cooked, add peas (matar) and carrots (gajar) to the boil or steam basket. Steam for a bit longer until just cooked.
- Rinse the capsicums. Small to medium sized ones work better, else they're going to need to be cut before serving.
- Cut the peppers on the top. I also cut slightly on the lowest for frying them conveniently.
- Now, remove the seed from the bell peppers gently.
How to make stuffed bell peppers recipe
- Take a pan, add cooking oil and heat it up.
- Add cumin and garlic paste. Fry it until garlic golden brown or smells good.
- Now, add sliced onions and small chunks of bell peppers (which i got after cutting the top).
- Fry it until onions turn golden.
- Add red chili powder, garam masala or the other spice powder and crushed kasuri methi.
- Saute only for a moment .
- Now, add streamed or boiled veggies and also add fresh chopped coriander leaves.
- Mix well.
- Mash them well. Add salt as required. Mix well with the onion masala.
- Now, stuff the bell peppers with prepared masala.
- Heat the same pan or you can take another pan also. Add oil and heat it up.
- Now, add the stuffed bell peppers.
- Cover and cook on a medium to low flame until the capsicum is half cooked or fully cooked to fit your taste or These are often grilled during a preheated oven at 160 C for 8 to fifteen mins.
- Sprinkle little chaat masala on it.
- Stuffed Bell Peppers are ready to serve. Serve warm.
TIPS TO MAKE STUFFED BELL PEPPERS
- For more delicious taste you can also sprinkle some mozzarella cheese on the bell peppers.
- Potatoes are often replaced with sweet potatoes.
- If you're keen on paneer , then you'll stuff the PANEER BHURJI.
- If you want to make chicken stuffed bell peppers then you can Stuff it with this chicken keema.