This variation of traditional green bean casserole is topped with french fried onions and shredded cheddar cheese. In this green bean casserole recipe creamy mushroom sauce, surrounded by lush green beans, topped with the crunchy flavor of French’s crispy fried onions, make this holiday casserole an instant classic. If you like spice, just add a dash (or two) of black pepper to kick the spice into this family favorite.
Prep Time : 10 mins
Cook Time : 15 mins
Total Time : 25 mins
Servings : 6
Yield : 6 servings
- Green beans, drained 2 cans (14.5 ounce)
- Condensed cream of mushroom soup 1 can (10.75 ounce)
- French fried onions 1 can (6 ounce)
- Shredded cheddar cheese 1 cup
- Black pepper (optional)
How to prepare french’s green bean casserole
- First of all, preheat oven to 175 degrees C or 350 degrees F.
- Now, take a large microwave safe bowl. Add green beans and condensed cream of mushroom soup.
- Mix well.
- Now, heat it in the microwave on high for 3 to 5 minutes or until warm.
- Add 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese. Heat this mixture for another 2-3 minutes.
- Transfer the green bean mixture to a casserole dish and sprinkle with French fried onions and remaining shredded cheddar cheese.
- Bake in a preheat 350 degree F (175 degree C) oven until the cheese is melted and the onions just start to brown.
- French’s bean casserole recipe is ready.
If you like spice then you can add some black pepper powder and salt in the recipe.
321.7 calories; protein 6.6g ; carbohydrates 20.2g ; fat 23.2g ; cholesterol 19.8mg ; sodium 1068.3mg .
If you are interested to purchase items that I used in my post then you can find their links below: