Delicious, chewy, crisp on edge peanut butter cookies made from scratch and without eggs. These are egg free and so easy to make best peanut butter chocolate chip cookies.
How to make Peanut Butter Cookies without eggs
You did not believe that these peanut butter cookie with chocolate chips are egg-free. This recipe does not call for any substitute for eggs such as condensed milk or flax seed. The dough comes together beautifully and the dough bakes well even without eggs. how cool is that!!
Baking eggless peanut butter cookies with chocolate chips
Bake the vegan cookies only until the sides of the cookies turn golden-brown. They may look unbaked from the center, but the cookies will cook when you take them out of the oven. Once you take the cookies out of the oven, rest them on a baking tray for 10 minutes before lifting them. Cookies will be very delicate when they are hot. It is important for them to allow the vegan peanut butter cookies to cool before you lift them. As the cookies cool, the butter hardens and the cookies take shape.
Prep time : 10 mins
Cook time : 15 mins
Total time : 25 mins
Serves : 12 cookies
- ½ cup (113 g) butter, softened
- castor sugar ½ cup (100 g)
- ½ cup (100 g) light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) vanilla extract
- ½ cup smooth peanut butter
- 1 + ¼ cup (150g) all-purpose flour (maida)
- 1 tablespoon (12g) corn flour
- ½ teaspoon (3g) baking soda
- ¼ cup (60mL) milk
- ½ cup (88g) chocolate chunks or chocolate chips
- sea salt (optional)
How to make homemade peanut butter cookies
- Take a large bowl, add butter, brown sugar and castor sugar. Beat them on high speed for 5 minutes.
- Now, add vanilla extract and peanut butter. Mix well. Beat them for 1-2 minutes.
- Turn the mixer on low speed and add flour, corn flour and baking soda. At this stage the dough will be very thick and dry.
- Add milk. Mix well and beat until the dough comes together.
- Pop the dough into the refrigerator overnight or for a minimum of 4 hours.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180c.
- Now, take a baking tray lined it with silicon mat or parchment paper.
- Add small spoonfuls of cookies dough into evenly sized balls.
- Use your fingers to softly press the dough balls to flatten them a bit. Top with chocolate chips.
- Bake the cookies for 12-15 minutes-only until the sides are golden-brown.
- Top cookies with sea salt.
- Let the eggless peanut butter cookies sit on the baking tray for an additional 10 minutes before you lift them.