As a quarantine period is running and there is a lockdown in everywhere, I hope you all are safe at home. We all know that this is the most wonderful time to learn cooking. Why don't you start with oatmeal chocolate chip cookies? These cookies are delicious and they are also a quick solution to all your desserts or sweet cravings! You can make a batch of these cookies and store in a air tight container. If you are raisins lover then you can also make oatmeal raisin cookies, you just have to add raisin instead of chocolate chips. You can take them with the morning or evening cup of tea or coffee.
- 1/2 cup butter (softened)
- packed light brown sugar 1/2 cup
- ½ cup caster sugar or powdered sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup whole wheat flour
- 1 ¼ cup rolled oats
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips, semisweet
How to make oatmeal chocolate chip cookies
- Preheat the oven to 175 C.
Make dry ingredients mixture
- Take a bowl, add wheat flour, baking soda or mitha soda, oats, chocolate chips and walnuts. Mix them using whisk. keep it aside.
Make wet ingredients mixture
- Now, take another bowl. Add softened butter, brown sugar and white sugar. Mix them well until it comes together as a uniform mixture.
- Add an egg to the mixture (butter mixture) and incorporate well.
- Add vanilla extract and mix until just incorporated.
- Now, Mix dry ingredients until well incorporated in wet ingredients. Make a dough.
- Divide the cookies dough into equal portions using your hand or cookie scoop.
- Level the top and place an inch apart on the tray (baking tray)as these cookies do not spread too much when baking.
- On a tray lined with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper, place the the cookie dough balls on the tray.
- Bake for 8 - 10 minutes until puffy and the edges are golden-brown.
- After baking, set aside cookies and allow them to cool for 5-7 minutes.
- After fully cooled, store the oatmeal chocolate chip cookies into air tight container.
- Enjoy the cookies. Happy baking!
- You can also make Oatmeal raisins Cookies by adding raisins instead of chocolate chips.
- If you want to make it eggless, then you can use plain yoghurt also spelled Yogurt instead of egg.