Gajar Ka Halwa Recipe | Carrot Halwa Recipe
Gajar Ka Halwa is a very tasty and famous Indian dish. It is mostly famous all over. Here I used both milk and khoya to make this tasty Dessert dish. I have prepared it in a microwave and a pressure cooker. Here a simple and easy steps to make it.
- 1/2 kg carrots (peeled and grated)
- milk 1/2 cup
- 1/2 cup sugar or slightly less
- 1/2 cup khoya (roughly mashed)
- 2 tbsp desi ghee
- seeds of 2 green cardamom (chotti elaichi) powder
- 1 tbsp chopped nuts like almond or cashew
- 1 tbsp raisins (kishmish)
Method to prepare Gajar Ka Halwa in Microwave
- Mix grated carrots, sugar and milk in a big deep bowl.
- Microwave covered for 10 minutes.
- Add a ghee and khoya. Mix well.
- Microwave uncovered for 10 minutes.
- Add cardamon and chopped nuts.
- Decorates with nuts.
- Serve hot.
Method to prepare in Pressure Cooker
- Add a milk and a carrot in a pressure cooker and cook for 1 whistle.
- Now open a cooker and cook continuously on high flame till the milk evaporate.
- Once a milk evaporate, add a sugar and cook on medium flame until the mixture became thick.
- Now add desi ghee and khoya and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Now add a cardamom and chopped nuts.
- Mix well and cook for 2 minutes.
- Serve hot.