Swiss roll is an easy, quick, and eggless dessert recipe. These rolls have not required any baking, no fire, and very easy to make. So, here a step by step recipe to make the delicious swiss roll at home.
- Marie Biscuit - 1 big packet
- Coffee powder 1 tbsp
- 2 tbsp Butter or ghee
- Chocolate syrup 1/4 cup
For the Coconut filling
- Desiccated coconut 1/2 cup
- Powdered sugar 1/4 cup
- 1/4 tbsp cardamom powder
- 1 tbsp melted butter or ghee
- Milk 1 tbsp
How to prepare dough
- Take all the biscuits in a mixer jar and make a fine powder.
- Now, put this fine powder into bowl.
- Add, coffee powder, butter and chocolate syrup. Mix well.
- Make kneed semi soft dough of that mixture. Dough is ready.
- Put this dough aside.
How to prepare filling
- To prepare filling, take a bowl and add desiccated coconut in it.
- Now, add butter, milk, powdered sugar and cardamom powder to desiccated coconut.
- Mix well.
- Filling is ready.
How to make swiss roll
- To make a swiss roll, take a butter paper or aluminum foil, place the dough on it.
- Roll dough into an elongated shaped roti.
- Now, spread the desiccated coconut mixture all over the rolled dough.
- Roll it tightly with the help of butter paper. Keep in mind that do not roll butter paper along with it. Wrap it in an aluminum foil or butter paper.
- Refrigerate it for 2 hrs.
- After it sets, remove the butter paper or aluminum foil. Slice pieces with the help of a knife. (1/2" thickness)
- Swiss roll is ready to serve.
- If you see that your dough is hard then you can add milk (at room temperature) to make dough smooth.
- You can also add finely chopped nuts in desiccated coconut filling.