Cornmeal Idli Recipe | Homemade Maize Flour Idli
Cornmeal Idli or Maize flour idli is tasty and full of nutrients. It is a special dish in winters when we get bored with parantha roti etc. This maize flour idli is full of fiber. It completely satisfies your appetite. So, make this recipe at home and serve it with peanut sauce or coconut sauce and enjoy it.
- 1 cup maize flour
- 1 cup curd
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp finely chopped green coriander
- 10-12 curry leaves
- 1/2 tbsp mustard
- 1 tbsp urad dal
- 1 tbsp chana dal
- 1-2 green chilli finely chopped
- 1 tbsp ginger(grated)
- salt to taste
- 3/4 eno fruit salt
Method to prepare Cornmeal Idli
- Take a pan, add 2 tbsp oil after this add mustard and roasted it.
- Now, add chana dal and urad dal in this and cook it until it brown.
- Then add ginger, green chilli, curry leaves into it and cook 2-3 minutes.
- Now, add maize flour in this and cook it for 3 minutes.
- Put the mixture into a bowl.
- Now, add a curd, salt, coriander and water in this and mix it properly and get dilute it so cooked well.
- Keep it aside for 10 min.
- After 10 min mixture set properly.
- Take a cooker and add a water in it and place it on flame to boil.
- Take a idli stand and get smoother it with oil.
- Now, add a eno fruit salt into the mixture and mix it.
- Fill idli stand with this mixture.
- Place a stand in cooker and close it with lid but without whistle.
- Cook it for 10-12 minutes.
- Keep a flame to the point so that constant boiling of water.
- After 12 minutes open the cooker and refer to put the knife in idli.
- If the mixture not stickes with knife, means idli ready.
- Take out idli stand from cooker.
- Keep it cool.
- And then serve it.
Method to serve
- Serve this tasty idli with peanut sauce or coconut sauce and green coriander sauce and enjoy it.
- Add eno fruit salt after all preparation.
- You can also use a consumable soda in place of eno fruit salt.
- You can also use a finely chopped vegetables in a mixture.
Another method to prepare it
- You can also prepare idli in microwave.
- The procedure is same .
- Keep the idli stand in microwave bowl and place it in microwave.
- Cook it for 7 min.