Curd Rice Recipe | How to Make Curd Rice
Curd Rice recipe is one of the best and easiest recipes. You can eat this as a meal, even when you have fever or stomach infection. Try this recipe at home with these simple steps.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 2 minutes
- 1 cup boiled rice (chawal)
- 1 cup curd (dahi)
- 5 green chillies finely chopped (hari mirch)
- ½ finely chopped ginger (adark)
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh coriander leaves (dhniya)
- 1 tbsp mustard seeds
- 3 tbsp oil (any cooking oil)
- 3 tbsp chana dal (boiled)
- 2 dried red chillies
- 1 tbsp asafetida (hing)
- 5-6 curry leaves
- Salt to taste
- Fresh coriander leaves
- Take a large bowl, add boil rice, curd, chopped green chillies, chopped coriander leaves and salt.
- Mix well.
- Now, take a pan, add oil and heat it up.
- Add red chillies, curry leaves, mustard seeds, ginger (adark) , chana dal (boiled) and asafetida
- Mix well.
- When the mixture stops spluttering, swirl the pan a bit and turn off the heat.
- Now, pour this mixture over the curd rice.
- Garnish it with fresh coriander leaves and red chilli.
- Always use freshly boiled rice. Avoid to use stale rice.
- You can also use brown rice to make it more healthy.
- When you mix rice and curd make sure that rice is cooled.