Homemade easy gatte ki sabzi is a traditional Rajasthani recipe (Indian recipe). It is a very simple and quick recipe. This gatte is made by using gram flour (besan) and curry is made using buttermilk or curd. In this, we cant use onion (piyaaz), ginger(adarak) and garlic(lasun). Here I give you a simple recipe steps by using which you can make this recipe quickly at home.
- 1 cup gram flour (besan)
- 1/2 tbsp carom seeds (ajwain)
- 1/2 tbsp red chilli powder (lal mirch powder)
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp curd (dahi)
- water as required
- 1 tsp asafoetida (hing)
- cumin seeds (jeera) - 1 tbsp
- 1 tbsp turmeric powder (haldi)
- 1 cup butter milk
- 2 tbsp of coriander leaves (dhaniya ke patte)
- chopped fresh coriander leaves
To prepare a Gatte ki Sabzi follow the below steps:
- To prepare Gatte ki Sabzi, take a bowl add Gram flour(bessan), red chilli powder (lal mirch powder) and oil.
- Mix well.
- Now, add curd (dahi) and water to prepare a smooth dough.
- Roll the dough with soft hand and cut into four long pieces and roll again. And cut into small pieces.
- Now, take a pan add water and boil it.
- Add piece to boiling water and cook it around 2-3 minutes.
- Now put the pieces into a plate and keep aside to dry.
- Take another pan, add oil and heat it.
- Now, add asafetida (hing),cumin seeds (jeera), red chilli powder, and add the dried pieces.
- Mix it.
- Now, add turmeric powder and mix it.
- Add butter milk and bring it to boil.
- Add salt and mix well.
- Now add chopped coriander leaves.
- Mix well.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves.
- Serve hot with chapatti.
- If butter milk is not available then take a bowl add some curd and water mix well. You can use this mixture instead of Butter Milk.