Doda barfi is really yummy dessert. It is made from milk, cream, dalia and some dry nuts. Try this doda barfi at home with our step by step recipe method.
- 4 cup milk
- half cup fresh cream
- 3 tbsp porridge (dalia)
- 2 cup sugar
- ghee 1 tbsp
- 1 cup of cashew finely chopped (kaju)
- 1 cup almond, finely chopped (badam)
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp pistachios, cut into slices (pista)
How to prepare Doda Barfi
- First of all, take a pan or vessel, add ghee and heat it up. Now add oatmeal to it and fry it until becomes light brown. Keep it aside.
- Now, add milk in a heavy frying pan and boil it on medium flame. When the milk boils, add cream in it and boil it until becomes thicker. It will take about 30-40 minutes.
- Now add fried oats and sugar to the milk and mix it well.
- Cook it about 20 minutes. Keep stirring so that the milk does not stick to the vessel.
- Now, add cocoa powder, chopped cashew nuts and almonds. Mix well. Cook it until it does not leave ghee. it will take about 15-20 minutes.
- Now, grease a plate with oil or ghee. Spread the prepared mixture on it.
- Keep it aside to cool down.
- Cut it into square pieces. Garnish it with pistachios and press it with spoon.
- Doda barfi is ready to serve...