One of the healthy, most popular, rich in nutrition and simple soup recipe. The basic main ingredient is pumpkin. we roasted it with some onion and ginger to make more delicious. This soup served as an appetizer or with garlic bread also. You can also add some more veggies, which will make it more healthy soup.
Main ingredient: Pumpkin
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 20 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
Serve: 4 people
- ¼ kg sliced pumpkin (Kadu)
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 onion finely chopped (piyaz)
- 2” ginger, diced (adarak)
- 2 cloves (laung)
- butter 2 tbsp
- 1 cup water
- ½ tbsp black salt or as per taste (kaala namak)
- Salt to taste
- ½ tbsp cumin powder or as per taste (jeera)
How to Prepare Soup
- Take a pan and add butter. Heat it up.
- Now, add cloves, chopped onion. Cook it until the onion becomes golden brown.
- Now, add sliced pumpkin. Mix well. Sprinkle some salt over it and Mix well. Cook it till it becomes soft and tender.
- Now, switch off the flame.
- Allow it to cool.
- Now, add this pumpkin mixture in a blender with 1 cup water and blend it well.
- After blending, transfer this mixture into the pan and boil it. Also add some salt (according to your taste).
- Now, add cumin powder (roasted) and coconut milk. Mix it well.
- Do not boil this mixture after adding coconut milk. Because this consistency is good.
- Garnish it with fresh coriander leaves.
- Your pumpkin soup is ready…
- Serve it hot.