Aloo Tikki is a most popular north Indian dish. You can make this crispy, spicy aloo Tikki in your home. You can serve it as a snack. Aloo means potato and Tikki means a small cutlet or croquette. Aloo Tikki is mashed potato mixed with some ingredients deep-fried in oil. You can serve it with dahi, green chutney, or tomato sauce.
- 1/2 kg medium potatoes
- 1/2 cup boiled or frozen peas
- 2 tbsp oil(if used microwave to make it)
- 3/4 cup oil(if used pan to make it)
- 1/2 tbsp cumin seeds(jeera)
- 2 tbsp grated ginger
- 1 tbsp finely chopped onion
- 2 tbsp finely chopped green chillies
- 2 tbsp finely chopped coriander leaves
- 1/2 tbsp red chilli powder
- garam masala 1/2 tbsp
- 1/2 tbsp black pepper powder
- salt to taste
- 1/2 tbsp chaat masala
Method to prepare Aloo Tikki in microwave
- Wash and put wet potatoes in a micro safe streamer bowl. Microwave for 5 minutes and cool it.
- Peel and mesh potatoes using masher or hands.
- Add 1 tbsp oil, peas,salt, cumin seeds, ginger, chopped green chillies, ginger, coriander, garam masala, chopped onion, red chilli powder, balack pepper powder and mix it properly.
- Now, make tikkies of 3″ diameter.
- Brush the non stick tawa of the microwave with some oil.
- Arrange tikkies on it.
- Brush the tikkies with oil.
- Place the tawa on high rack.Grill it for 4 minutes.
- Turn side and grill for 5 minutes.
- Now, tikkies are ready to serve.
Method to prepare in pan
- Wash and put potatoes in a cooker and also add some water ans boil a potatoes.
- Peel and mesh potatoes.
- Add all ingredients except oil and mix it properly.
- Now, make tikkies of 3″diameter.
- Take a pan and add oil to it.
- Heat a oil.
- Now, put a tikkies in pan and deep fry it on simmer flame.
- Put these fried tikkies into a bowl and serve hot.
Method to serve
- Before serving sprinkle a chaat masala on it and serve these hot spicy tikkies with green chilli sauce or tomato sauce.