Rajma Masala | How to Make Rajma Masala
Homemade spicy Rajma Masala is a very famous Punjabi recipe. It's very easy to make and takes very less time to prepare. In this, I make this rajma masala in a pan but you can also make it in a cooker. The procedure is almost the same. This is a quick, easy and simple recipe. Here I give you a simple method to make a restaurant-style rajma at home.
- 1 cup soaked red rajma (red kidney beans)
- 1 cup soaked Pink rajma (pink kidney beans)
- ginger – garlic paste 1 tbsp
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 1 tomato finely chopped
- 2 bay leaf (tej patta)
- 3 black cardamom
- 5-6 green cardamom
- salt to taste
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1/2 tbsp rajma masala (optional)
- 1/2 cup tomato puree
- 2 tbsp red chilli powder
- 1 tbsp turmeric powder
- coriander powder 1 tbsp
- 1 tbsp cumin powder
- water as required
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves, finely chopped
- To prepare homemade spicy rajma masala at home, firstly take pan add oil and heat up.
- Now add tej patta, green cardamom and black cardamom and cook it for 2-3 minutes.
- Now add chopped onion cook it for 1-2 minutes.
- Add ginger – garlic paste and cook it till light brown.
- Now add finely chopped tomato. Cook it for 2-3 minutes.
- After this add tomato puree, turmeric powder, salt, red chilli powder, coriander powder and cumin powder. Mix well.
- Cook it for 2 minutes.
- Now add rajma (both red and pink) and also add rajma masala. Mix well.
- Add some water. Cook it covered for 20 minutes or till the rajma became soft.
- Now put it into bowl.
- Garnish with finely chopped coriander leaves and butter.
- Its ready to serve.
- Serve hot with rice or chapati.
- Soaked rajma overnight in water.
- You can also make it in pressure cooker. The procedure is same.
- Pressure it for 5-6 whistles.
- If rajma become soft but gravy is thin then cook it openly till the gravy became thick.