Rava Idli is a famous south Indian dish. It is one of the simple recipe which we can use for a quick meal, dinner, lunch, etc. Rava Idli is a simple, healthy recipe and completes your appetizer. It is very soft and very easy to make. You can enjoy this by making it at home. The ready-made MTR is also available in the market by using which you can also make idli. You can also eat it as a snack and serve it with peanut sauce or coconut chutney.
- 1 cup rava suji (semolina)
- 1 cup curd
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 tbsp soda-bi-carb (mitha soda)
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp chopped curry leaves
- 3/4 tbsp salt
- 1/4 tbsp grated coconut(optional)
Method to prepare rava idli it in microwave
- In a flat dish, microwave 1 tbsp oil for 1 minutes.
- Add suji, mix well.
- Microwave it for 1 minutes and add curry leaves & salt.
- Mix these mixture properly.
- Allow to cool.
- Add coconut, curd, water, mitha soda.Keep aside for 10 minutes.
- Grease small glass bowl or micro proof idli maker.
- Pour 3-4 tbsp mixture in each bowl.
- Arrange in a ring in microwave .
- Microwave it for 4 minutes.
- If the idlies appear wet, wait for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes usually they get done.
- Idli is ready.
Method to prepare it by using cooker
- Method is almost same, take a pan add some oil and also add rava suji in it.
- Cook it for 2 minutes.
- Put it into a bowl and add salt and curry leaves in it.
- Allow to cool it.
- Now add water, curd and mitha soda in it, mix it properly.
- Take a cooker and add a water in it and place it on flame to boil.
- Take a idli stand and get smoother it with oil.
- Fill idli stand with this mixture.
- Place a stand in cooker and close it with lid but without whistle.
- Cook it for 6-8 minutes.
- Keep a flame to the point so that constant boiling of water.
- After 7 minutes open the cooker and refer to put the knife in idli.
- If the mixture not stickes with knife, means idli ready.
- Take out idli stand from cooker.
- Keep it cool.
- And then serve it.
Method to serve
- Garnish idli with curry leaves and serve it with coconut chutney or peanut sauce.
- You can also add a finely chopped mixed vegetables likes beans,carrot,cabbage and peas in idli batter.
- You can also make idli by using ready made rava idli MTR.
- If you do not have soda-bi-carb (mitha soda), then you can also use ENO (Fruit salt).