Chana Masala Recipe | Spicy Punjabi Chole
Homemade easy chane ki sabzi recipe is a famous Punjabi dish. It is a very tasty recipe and quick and easy to make. In this, the main thing is a masala the more the masala rich and spicy more the recipe became tasty. Here I give you a simple recipe to make this chana masala sabzi.
- 1 cup boiled chickpeas (white chane or white chole)
- onion or sliced onion (piyaaz) - 1 finely chopped
- 1 finely chopped tomato or sliced tomato
- 1/2 cup tomato puree
- 1-2 finely chopped green chilli or 2 tbsp green chilli paste
- 2 tbsp ginger garlic paste (adarak lasun ka paste)
- 1 tbsp sliced ginger
- 2 tbsp chole masala ( chana masala or chickpeas masala)
- 1 tbsp red chilli powder (lal mirch powder)
- 1 tbsp garam masala (all ground spices)
- turmeric powder (haldi powder) - 1 tbsp
- 1/2 tbsp coriander powder (dhniya powder)
- 4-5 tbsp vegetable oil
- salt to taste
- water as required
- Finely chopped coriander leaves (dhniya ke patte)
- onion chopped or sliced ginger
To make this chane ki sabzi or Punjabi chole recipe follow the below steps:
- To prepare this chane ki sabzi at home firstly, take a pan add vegetable or cooking oil which you want to use.Heat the oil.
- Now, add sliced or chopped onions and cook it till they turn light brown.
- After this add ginger-garlic paste and chopped green chilli.Cook it for 1 minutes.
- Now, add sliced or chopped tomato.Cook it for 1-2 minutes.
- Add tomato puree. Cook it for 1-2 minutes.
- Add turmeric powder, salt, red chilli powder,coriander powder (dhniya powder) and all ground spices (garam masala).
- Mix well and cook it for 1-2 minutes.
- Now add boiled chickpeas or chole or white chane, sliced ginger, water and ready made chana masala or chole masala.
- Mix well.
- Cook cover till they soft or until the water is soaked.
- You can also pressure cook it for 2-3 whistles.
- Put this chane into serving bowl or dish.
- Garnish with chopped fresh coriander leaves and sliced onion or sliced ginger.
- Your chane ki sabzi is ready..
- Serve hot with chapatti or rice or bhture.
- You can also add a aloo (potato) and paneer (cheese) in this at the time when you prepare a masala.