Homemade Doda Barfi Recipe
Doda barfi is really yummy dessert. It is made from milk, cream, dalia and some dry nuts. Try this doda barfi at home with our step by step recipe method.
- 4 cup milk
- half cup fresh cream
- 3 tbsp porridge (dalia)
- 2 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp ghee
- 1 cup of cashew finely chopped (kaju)
- 1 cup almond, finely chopped (badam)
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp pistachios, cut into slices (pista)
How to prepare Doda Barfi
- First of all, take a pan or vessel, add ghee and heat it up. Now add oatmeal to it and fry it until becomes light brown. Keep it aside.
- Now, add milk in a heavy frying pan and boil it on medium flame. When the milk boils, add cream in it and boil it until becomes thicker. It will take about 30-40 minutes.
- Now add fried oats and sugar to the milk and mix it well.
- Cook it about 20 minutes. Keep stirring so that the milk does not stick to the vessel.
- Now, add cocoa powder, chopped cashew nuts and almonds. Mix well. Cook it until it does not leave ghee. it will take about 15-20 minutes.
- Now, grease a plate with oil or ghee. Spread the prepared mixture on it.
- Keep it aside to cool down.
- Cut it into square pieces. Garnish it with pistachios and press it with spoon.
- Doda barfi is ready to serve...