Mexican Bean Tortillas is delicious and healthy Mexican recipe which is generally a mixture of vegetables. It's a very healthy recipe because it is full of vegetables. The main ingredient of this recipe is beans which is full of proteins and tortillas which is made by using maize flour, maize flour has 15% iron which is good for health. So make these beans tortillas at home by following the below recipe steps and enjoy it.
- 1 tbsp cooking oil
- 1/2 cup boiled red kidney beans
- 1/2 cup boiled white kidney beans
- boiled sweet corns 1/2 cup
- 1/2 small finely chopped onion (piyaaz)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped tomato
- 1 tbsp finely chopped garlic (lasun)
- 1/2 tbsp finely chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 1 sliced tomato
- 1/2 tbsp black pepper powder (kali mirch )
- 1/2 tbsp red chilli powder
- salt to taste
- 1/2 shredded Lettuce
For making a Tortillas
- 1 cup refined flour
- 1 cup maize flour
- hot water as required
1) For Stuffing
To make this Mexican Bean Tortillas recipe at home follow the following steps:
- To make beans tortillas recipe,firstly take a pan add oil and heat it.
- Now add chopped onion and fry it till light pink.
- Add garlic to the onion and cook it for 1-2 minutes
- Now, add tomato, black pepper poweder, salt, red kidney beans, white kidney beans, sweet corns and coriander leaves.
- Mix well.
- Cook it for a 3-4 minutes.
- Stuffing is ready.
2) For Tortillas
- To make a chapatti or tortillas, take a bowl add maize flour, refined flour and salt.
- Mix well.
- Now add a little hot water to make a smooth dough.
- Now make a rolled out chapatti of it.
- Pricked the rolled out chapatti with fork and cook it well from both sides.
- Put the vegetable stuffing which we make above, sliced tomato, lettuce leaf on the chapatti or tortillas.
- Mexican Bean Tortillas are ready.
- Serve hot.
- You can also add a grated cheese to make it more rich and tasty.