Homemade Tomato Rasam Soup
Tomato Rasam is a famous south Indian soup which is made from tomatoes and rasam powder.It is very easy to prepare.You can enjoy it with papad or rice.I give u a simple recipe which i all time used to make it.
- 3 chopped tomatoes
- 1 tbsp ready made rasam powder
- a pinch of turmeric powder (haldi)
- 1/2 tbsp chopped garlic
- 1 tbsp jaggery (gur)
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 tbsp crushed black pepper
- 1 tbsp finely chopped coriander
- 1 tbsp oil
- a few curry leaves
- 1 tbsp mustard seeds (rai)
- 1/2 tbsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- a pinch of asafoetida (hing)
- Cover and microwave tomatoes, 5/2 cup water, rasam powder, haldi, garlic, salt and jaggery together for 7 minutes.
- Cool and puree.
- Strain puree.
- In a small bowl, put all the ingredients of tempering and microwave covered for 2 minutes.
- Add the tempering & also 1/4 tbsp crushed pepper to the tomato puree & microwave for 2 minutes.
- Now, add a lemon juice in it.
- Garnish it with coriander leaves.
- Serve it with papad.